Actually it is only phase one of Rover's new owners (Venky's Limited) three point plan to turn the club's fortunes around.
1) Bring in some players with proven track records, who have appeal both on and off the pitch ie. Ronaldinho and David Beckham. Both players have the ability to perform on the pitch and can also help raise the profile of the club off the pitch.
2) Back in 1994/95 Blackburn Rovers were Premier League champions, it's obvious the new owners should try and recreate some of that magic .
3) Boosting the image of Rovers in India will have a beneficial effect on the business of owners Venkys, such an opportunity for cross promotion of both club and business will be taken full advantage of, including free chicken day at Ewood Park and personalities from the food production and entertainement worlds getting involved with the team.
Taking this plan into consideration, the team on the opening day of the 2011/12 season may look something like this:
1. Sylvester Stallone (GK)2. Ravi Shankar
3. Uncle Ben
4. Colonel Sanders
5. Christopher Samba
6. Colin Hendry
7. David Beckham
9. The Sugar Puffs Honey Monster
11. Morten Gamst Pedersen
|The Big No. 9|
12. Tim Flowers (GK)
13. The Blind Kid from Slumdog Millionaire
14. The Jolly Green Giant
15. El Hadji Diouf
16. Stuart Ripley
17. Michael Chopra
18. The Chick from Bend it Like Beckham